May 26, 2007

Jeff Buckley Review



I am grateful that I was asked to listen to and review this new release of Jeff's music. In May 1997 the world lost someone exceptional. His talent, his voice, his writing - there's an ethereal quality to his music. It's hard to define his musical style, I think of it as Rockin' Blues with a bit of dark mystery, and a sensual, defiant and romantic edge. If you miss Jeff, or if you've never even heard of him - BUY this CD! I have to force myself to stop listening to it because his music affects me in such a powerful way, it's intense, its deep its a gift from someone who died way too soon.

Here's a track to listen to:

"I know Its Over"
SO REAL: SONGS FROM JEFF BUCKLEY the first official anthology of his work (including two previously unreleased performances) – “the closest Jeff Buckley – singer, songwriter, guitarist, seeker – ever comes to having his own greatest-hits record,” as Rolling Stone senior editor David Fricke’s liner notes begin – will arrive in stores on Columbia/Legacy, a division of SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAIN­MENT.
So Real: Songs From Jeff Buckley Track Listing

(Columbia/Legacy 88697 03570 2)

1. Last Goodbye

2. Lover You Should Have Come Over

3. Forget Her

4. Eternal Life (Road Version)

5. Dream Brother (Alternate Take)

6. The Sky Is A Landfill

7. Everybody Here Wants You (

8. So Real

9. Mojo Pin

10. Vancouver

11. Je N'en Connais Pas La Fin

12. Grace

13. Hallelujah

14. I Know It's Over (live)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...