A young man (12 yrs old) I know has been following my posts on this blog and asked me what my top 10 classic rock albums were. I gave it much thought and could not in good conscience limit it to 10 albums. The list that follows is strictly my list of albums that I grew up to love from my young teen years. They are in order of importance to how strongly they affected me in my life, not necessarily how any other person would rate them.
This young man plays a mean guitar and it is my hope that a bit of my love of this music will find a home in his life as well. I believe it already does, but maybe this list will inspire him to reach for other artists in his search for the next guitar solo.
I have also included a few of my favorite songs. Enjoy......
25. Neil Young: Harvest
24. Led Zeppelin: II
23. Black Sabbath: Paranoid
22. David Bowie: Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
21. Pink Floyd: Animals
20. Jefferson Airplane: Surrealistic Pillow
19. The Rolling Stones: Sticky Fingers
18. Derek and the Dominoes: Layla and other Assorted Love Songs
17.Jimi Hendrix Experience: Are You Experienced
16. Led Zeppelin: Houses of the Holy
15. The Beatles: The Beatles (White Album)
14. Savoy Brown: Street Corner Talking
13. The Who: Who's Next
12. John Mayall: The Turning Point
11. The Doors: The Doors
10. Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
9. The Zombies: Odessey and Oracle
8. Spirit: Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus
7. Bruce Springsteen: Born To Run
6. Bob Dylan: Blood On The Tracks
5. The Beatles: Revolver
4. The Allman Brothers Band: Live at Fillmore East
3. Led Zeppelin: Physical Graffiti
2. The Doors: Morrison Hotel
1. The Beatles: Rubber Soul
Hopefully you will create your own album list that is as important to you, as this one is to me. To me albums were the only way to listen to music. In this digital age, I can't just download one song. I always have to get the whole album. Thanks for reading and listening.