November 29, 2009

RRHOF vs Ed Sullivan

Ok, all the COOL (and lucky) people got to watch the RRHOF concert on HBO tonight.  I am watching a public TV station doing "Ed Sullivan's Rock and Roll", which, is classic.  I rather be watching what Starr talks about (see comments on the last post) but I will settle for Herman's Hermits, The Animals, The Beatles, The Doors, The Stones....

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the ROLLING stones"

They won't allow me to embed the vid, but its worth a cruise over to YouTube to check out an extrememly young Mick Jagger when Brian Jones was still in the band...


5 comments:

Charlie Ricci said...

RRHOF concert was t terrific except for the Metallica segment. I've never been a metal fan. You may want to check out the Ed Sullivan post I recently added to my blog.

Perplexio said...

In 1969 Mick played the titular role in the Australian movie Ned Kelly. He didn't look much different in that movie from how he looked in that photo.

Incidentally in the early 2000s, Heath Ledger played the role of Ned Kelly in a newer film about the famous Australian bushman.

Have you ever seen either of those films? The story is quite interesting/remarkable. Kelly was Australia's equivalent of Billy the Kid or Jesse James. But I'd argue in Australia he was more famous/popular/notorious than both combined were here in the US at their height of popularity/notoriety.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Scrolling down the last few posts...I am thrilled you are not shutting this place down...the music will come back - because in the end, you know it is the music that is the soundtrack of our lives...the good, the bad, the f'ed up and the totally joyful..

I did not watch the HBO show last night, but plan on TiVoing it for later use...

The Ed Sullivan Show was our looking glass into the music of that time...

Malcolm said...

I was pleasantly surprised to see "Ed Sullivan's Rock and Roll Classics" on PBS over the weekend. Even though I taped a lot of these performances when VH-1 aired them back in the 90s, it was cool to see them again. If PBS ever gets the rights to either "Shindig" or "Hullaballo", that would be beyond awesome!

Cindie Ulreich said...

I don't have cable, so I missed the RRHOF concert. I loved the PBS special.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...