September 18, 2008

The Next Best Thing to Jimi Hendrix Live...


I MUST go to this.

Experience Hendrix:
Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox, Buddy Guy, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Robby Krieger, Eric Johnson, David Hidalgo & Cesar Rosas of Los Lobos with special performances by Hubert Sumlin, Chris Layton, Doyle Bramhall II, Eric Gales, Mato Nanji

A five week long, cross-country tour featuring some of the best known and most respected figures in rock and blues has been set to celebrate the legacy and music of Jimi Hendrix. The Experience Hendrix Tour presented by Experience Hendrix, L.L.C., the Hendrix family-owned company founded by James A. “Al” Hendrix, Jimi’s father, entrusted with preserving and protecting the legacy of Jimi Hendrix together with Gibson Guitar, will make its L.A. stop at the Greek Theatre on Sunday, November 2.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Russ said...

Oh my goodness! That is one hell of a lineup!

Bar L. said...

Russ, I know! I want to go so bad, but as usual, no one to go with. I am really desperate for some Rockin friends. I have friends but...none of them would recognize any of those names.

Daniel Edlen said...

That sounds amazing!

Hey, I have a question, and a tribute show seems related. Do you think guitarists are all that special? I don't mean this demeaningly and I don't want to bring on the wrath of the rock gods...

I'm wondering because Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and even a girl in Korea I think can sound a lot like Hendrix in their playing. So is it how they perform live? Is it how they relate to other players in the band? Is it singing too, so is Kenny less impressive?

I guess it comes down to intent and authenticity.

This is only a pondering, not a conclusion. I have HUGE respect for guitarists, but like if someone painted like I do and you had trouble telling the difference?

Peace.

Anonymous said...

Great site.
You might be interested in http://www.oneworldnet.co.uk/Records a collection of sixties and seventies classic albums, and also there is photograph I took of Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970. Which you're welcome to use if you like it.
I'm trying to digest '... a girl in Korea I think can sound like Hendrix' ... takes all sorts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...