September 21, 2008

Must Have Book for Zeppelin Fans

Yesterday I received so many wonderful things in the mail! One of them was this book:


Whole Lotta Led Zeppelin: The Illustrated History of the Heaviest Band of All Time

IT IS INCREDIBLE! You have to hold it in your hands and look at it yourself to truly appreciate it. This is their entire history illustrated with photos that are some of the best I've seen.

The book gives you a look into every aspect of the band focusing on their tours. I was able to look at the venue I (almost) saw them at and see the t-shirts and ticket stubs and posters form that tour, it took me right back. I love how this book is set up and highly recommend it. Here is part of the description from the publisher:

Now, to celebrate their fortieth anniversary and December 2007 reunion, here’s the first-ever complete illustrated history of Led Zeppelin.

This all-star tribute to one of the biggest rock ’n’ roll bands of all time features many of today’s top American and English rock journalists from Rolling Stone, Creem, Billboard and more, as well as reflections on the band’s inspiration from some of rock’s top performers, including Aerosmith, Heart, ZZ Top, the Minutemen, the Hold Steady, and others. An appendix features the complete discography.

Glorious concert and behind-the-scenes photography from some of the top names in rock photography covers the band from their first 1968 show as Led Zeppelin through the 2007 reunion. Also included are more than 200 rare concert posters, backstage passes, tickets, LPs and singles, T-shirts, buttons, and more from the United States, UK, Canada, Germany, France, and Japan, all comprising a book as epic as the band it honors.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara(aka layla)
I stop by a couple times a week. You have changed the look and colors or your site, correct? It looks cleaner and the text is more readable. Tell me if I am losing it or have you spent some time working on this blog within the past few days? I am the person who has bothered you in the past about starting a blog of my own. You take care.

Bar L. said...

Anon, yes I have, thanks for noticing. I think I sent you some info, or asked you to email me. Have you started a blog yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...