October 2, 2007

Quick review on Bruce's new cd:


i love it!

I promise after this post I will not write about Bruce again until 10/20/07. Its become apparent to me in reading my own blog that I am a huge fan and I am even getting sick of listening to myself go on about him, so you must be too. BUT....

With that said, I would like to point you to one of my favorite music reviewer's post on the new CD. Bob and I don't always see eye to eye but I like his critical ear and no hold's bar approach to revewing music or sharing his opionion on any subject.

Quote from Bob:
Springsteen has finally released a new album that shows he can write arena-sized songs that appeal to listeners on a personal level, something he hasn't done in almost 25 years.
I agree with this except for the word FINALLY. The Rising was a great arena album, being in the audience of that show was electrifying at moments...solemn, important. It wasn't just about the music, it was about the feeling in the air that was lingering from 9/11. Unity. Plus, no matter WHAT Bruce always kicks ass for at least three hours. Even non-Bruce fans will admit that his shows are OUTSTANDING!

In looking back over 20 years of Springsteen concerts, the best ones for me personally were:

Darkness on the Edge of Town
The River
Human Touch/Lucky Town
The Rising








4 comments:

bob_vinyl said...

I didn't love it, but it is his bets in probably 20 years. I liked that it was more of a rock album. His last few have come across as self-important, but this one finds him loosening up a bit. I think it'll make for some good live numbers.

Bar L. said...

I do know what you mean by this. I just can't admit it publicly cause it will ruin my reputation. :)

bob_vinyl said...

You know, I'm not sure I actually ever listened to the Rising, so there might be a great big hole in my review. When I talk about the self-important, adult-oriented albums, I always think of Ghost of Tom Joad and Devils and Dust and I forget the Rising was in there.

JM said...

I can nit-pick, but overall I really LOVE this album!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...