Here are some lyrics from popular songs (of my era, but all these bands are well known). See how many you know without looking them up!
Name the Band/Artist, the song and for bonus "points" the album they were on. Maybe I'll send out prizes (CDs of the songs?) to the people who get the most right. I know some of you will get all of them.
- And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.
- Don't you draw the Queen of Diamonds, boy, she'll beat you if she's able. You know, the Queen of Hearts is always your best bet.
- All lies and jest, still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
- Fathers be good to your daughters, daughters will love like you do. Girls become lovers, who turn into mothers, so mothers be good to your daughters, too.
- Heard ten thousand whispering and nobody listening. Heard one person starve, I heard many people laughing. Heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter.
- I don't need no money, fortune, or fame. I got all the riches baby, one man can claim.
- If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
- It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.
- Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world. Planning his vengeance, that he will soon unfold.
- Send me dead flowers to my wedding and I won't forget to put roses on your grave.
- So tonight you better stop and rebuild all your ruins, because peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.
- We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school