May 28, 2009

Davy Knowles and Back Door Slam "Coming Up for Air" Review


YES! My new favorite rockin blues band has a new CD coming out on June 16. Got my review copy today (thank you, Sharon Weiss, at W3 PR!) I've been listening to it for the last couple of hours and its great. Produced by none other than the talented Mr. Peter Frampton.

Right now "Hear Me Lord" is playing - written by George Harrison. I believe its the only song on the CD that is not an original. "Amber's Song" is so pretty and sad. The whole CD is great. I am not disappointed. I think there first one will remain my favorite but they came through again the second time around.

"After a brief break from two years of non-stop touring, Davy Knowles and Back Door Slam is back with a new album produced by Peter Frampton and mixed by Bob Clearmountain. Coming Up For Air, a smorgasbord of rockers and acoustic ballads, includes Davy s and Peter s dueling guitar solos on George Harrison s anthem, Hear Me Lord, and an extraordinary bonus track duet with Jonatha Brooke of her Taste of Danger. The album is built around nine Davy originals (two co-written with Peter Frampton). Highlights include rockers Tear Down The Walls and Riverbed and the soulful Can t Take This Back. After a three week solo stint opening for Jeff Beck in April, Davy and the band are hitting the road again in support of this album."



Geez, I really don't want to give this copy away - you're gonna have to buy your own this time, its worth it!!!!

I hope to maybe catch these guys this summer....my fingers are crossed.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a great album! I think I have a different favorite every few days.

drewzepmeister said...

I can't wait to hear this album!

Bar L. said...

Shari, thanks for stopping by! You obviously have great taste in music, they are a great band :)

Drew...I can't wait to see them this summer (hopefully)

Mike said...

downloaded my copy off of Itunes. Great stuff!

逆援交際 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
逆円助 said...

さあ、今夏も新たな出会いを経験してみませんか?当サイトは円助交際の逆、つまり女性が男性を円助する『逆円助交際』を提供します。逆円交際を未経験の方でも気軽に遊べる大人のマッチングシステムです。年齢上限・容姿・経験一切問いません。男性の方は無料で登録して頂けます。貴方も新たな出会いを経験してみませんか

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...