March 14, 2009

1005th Post

Hey, I just noticed that I have passed the "1000th" post mark! This is #1005 for this blog.

Most people do a special post to commemorate their 1000th post. So here it is:

I started this blog in March 2005 at the insistence of a friend. It was lonely at first writing and having the rare comment pop up here or there, but as blogging became more popular I met more and more people - some have become good friends, all have become special to me.

Music brings people together. We certainly don't all have the same taste, but most of you who read here share a passion for music and on that level we have a bond.

I've met some young people here that know more about the music of era than I do (especially Jeff, one of my loyal readers from the start!). Nothing thrills me more than young (under 30) people who appreciate Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc. etc.

I've gotten to know some very sweet women via this blog because their husbands read here (this is definitely a male dominant readership, my bros in rock and roll!).

Some of you enjoy having heated debates in my comments - I love that! As long as people are not mean to each other I think its great voice diverse opinions.

Then there are the way cool Rockin Blogger Chicks. You know who you are :)

There's a few of you out there that know what my son is dealing with right now and you've emailed to express your concern and hug me with your words, it makes a difference. It helps me know that even though I feel alone, I'm not.

Now and then I find myself thinking "I have nothing more to say. I should just quit this whole blog thing". But I can't now, cause I have a cool new header. And because even when life gets dark, music is there to carry me through.

So if you're a regular reader or just found Layla's Classic Rock, I want to say a huge

THANK YOU

Its because of you that I made it to post 1005.

Love you,
Layla

(aka Barbara)



13 comments:

Charlie Ricci said...

Congratulations Layla! I'm only at 213 posts and I only stated one month behind you. I've got a long way to go! Great job so far!

classicrockforthesoul said...

Congrats on your blogging thus far, Layla! I always look forwards to reading your posts.
This was a very sweet post by the way.
Us readers appreciate you!

I like this:
"Nothing thrills me more than young (under 30) people who appreciate Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc. etc."
:)

Sean Coleman said...

Congrats on reaching so many readers and continuing to spread the word about great music in style. Wasn't aware of your situation, though as someone with a family, I only wish for a positive outcome in what must be a worrying time for you.

drewzepmeister said...

Congrats Barbara! I'm glad that I stumbled across your site! Not only it's good reading, but I've met a GREAT friend! Barb,you rock!!

music obsessive said...

Wow! 1000 posts - I've only just passed the 100 mark! Many Congrats!

As to blogging, I have periods when I'm not sure where the next subject is coming from, we all do, so don't feel too bad, something always turns up...eventually. And you can't let that header go to waste!

Great job so far!

Dan said...

Layla, I am sure happy I found your blog. Yours was one of the first ones I started to read regularly and yours has set the bar for all of the others I read. You always have great insight and I appreciate the feminine viewpoint. I hope you continue for at least 1000 more because you do have something to say. My prayers are still with you and your family.

Bar L. said...

Thank you, Charlie for continuing to read! Keep on writing, you have a great blog!

Classic - I need your address to send you the Beck CD! Tnanks for your kind words - you rock!!

Sean, thank you for your concern and good wishes, I need it. I actually write about it on a private blog and have met other parents going through the same nightmare, which helps.

Drew - NO, YOU rock! Big hug to you I am glad we are friends!!

Obsess, well I've been at it for four years now. Thanks for being such a loyal reader all of this time!!

Dan, I am glad you found my blog too! Thank you for your prayers and concern. I appreciate you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Layla!! Great post and story for us "newer" readers :-)

Jeff said...

Layla, thanks for the kind words! Without you I don't know if I would still be blogging. You were one of the very few who ever commented on my blog early on, and that was definitely motivation to keep going.

WeightStaff said...

Layla. Just saw this post. Congrats! I know what it's like to start a blog and be posting into an abyss. (Is there anybody out there?!?) When the first couple comments come in it's like a transistor radio getting its first signal. I know from my perspective...its those first few signs of life that can spark weeks if not months of more posting. It truly is an amazing community out there and thanks so much for being a part of it. 1,000 more!

Ryan
TheWeight

Bar L. said...

Matt, thank you! And thank you for being a new reader!!

Jeff, your blog is near and dear to my heart and you have a gift for writing about music. I'm honored that I played a role in motivating you!!

Ryan, Wow, thanks. Great analogy too about the abyss! I do LOVE the community of people I've met here and on my other blogs.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Layla! You have been a "true" inspiration to me... I would have never made it past my first month of bloggin' without your encouragement!!

Not only are you a great blogger but a wonderful person... and a beautiful woman!!

All the best... Keep rockin'

- I love you!!!

ourboy said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post. I just hit my first hundred on my most active blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...