November 14, 2006

Time Magazine Really Blew It...

...but at least they admit it. I found this interesting. They listed what they thought to be the 100 most influential albums of all time, and in the 2nd sentence of the article admit that they left out PINK FLOYD! Not one single Floyd album! if I got a subscription to this mag, I'd cancel it.




Here is the article (it's actually got great links to each album, worth checking out):

"So here's how we chose the albums for the All-TIME 100. We researched and listened and agonized until we had a list of the greatest and most influential records ever - and then everyone complained because there was no Pink Floyd on it. And that's exactly how it should be. We hope you'll treat the All-TIME 100 as a great musical parlor game. Read and listen to the arguments for the selections, then tell us what we missed or got wrong. Or even possibly
what we got right."

Guess who showed up the most times on the list (without peeking):

Bob Dylan
Bruce Springsteen
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
U2

8 comments:

Bar L. said...

I agree Ben!

Anonymous said...

I don't see what the point is in the lists. All they do is trumpet the same bands over and over. These lists are always so predictable.

I can see them forgetting about Pink Floyd. I mean, whoever heard of this band anyway? LOL. Forget that all anyone talked about after Live 8 was the Pink Floyd reunion.

Anonymous said...

Leaving out Floyd completely destroys any credibility this magazine has, IMO.

BeckEye said...

I'm not a Pink Floyd fan by any means, but I certainly think they should've been included on the list.

Bar L. said...

I agree ... Time needs to stick to "news" and let up pros handle music!

Jeff said...

I already read the list so I would be cheating. When I read the little article in the magazine I was shocked and after reading the list I don't know how they can put some of the albums they did up there for instance. A Hole album over anything Floyd ever did??? Clearly a bias against Progressive Rock on that list.

Bar L. said...

no kidding Jeff...silly list really

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

lists just give people something to talk about...we're fascinated as awwhole here in America with status, prestige and rank...that being said, why Dark Side of the Moon isn't there, then to quote you earlier, SHIT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...