July 16, 2009

Gone But Not Forgotten Blog

I finally got around to posting the two deaths that have occured in our music world in 2009. Unfortunately Blogger is not allowing me to pre-date the post so it shows up on top instead of on the bottom of the page. I will try again tomorrow.

It was difficult selecting a photo to represent Michael Jackson. I try to find photos that capture best an image of the artist. Michael's career started at age 5 and going through a total transformation in his looks (nice way of saying it) so I had so many choices. I settled on this one because this is the era that he seemed happy, successful and full of life:

On another matter:

When I started my GBNF blog I included personal thoughts and/or stories on the musicians who meant the most to me. At some point I decided to make the site less emotional and more factual. So I am taking a poll:

Do you like the site as is, or would you like to see my personal thoughts added back?

Thanks!

8 comments:

LazyKing said...

great choice! I love this pic. RIP MJ!
I wouldnt mind reading your personal thoughts on this blog...

Malcolm said...

Thank you for selecting a pic of MJ during the era when he was at his peak. Also, I liked reading your personal thoughts on the artists you included.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Your personal thoughts is what made it special

Bar L. said...

Thanks, King!

Malcolm, you know how I feel about him. Yes I think I will add my thoughts to it and change it up a bit. Its a tedious site but a passion and I want it to look/feel more interesting.

Bond, thanks, Bud!

drewzepmeister said...

Ditto what Bond said :)

john said...

Haven't been around your blog for a couple of months- It's cahnged! Still love it. Arctic Monkeys coming to west coast check out the site.
John@buzzinmusic

Southern (in)Sanity said...

It's your site, but for what it's worth, I think your personal thoughts on various subjects and topics is perfectly fine.

Sean Coleman said...

Keep your observations as part of the write ups.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...