August 18, 2005

Quote of the Day - Bob Dylan


"Each of us has his own special gift and you know this was meant to be true. And if you don't under estimate me, I won't under estimate you."

"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

"May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift. May you have a strong foundation, when the winds of change shift."

"You breathed on me and made my life a richer one to live, when I was deep in poverty you taught me how to give. Dried the tears up from my dreams and pulled me from my hole, quenched my thirst and satisfied the burning in my soul."

I was thinking about Bob today because a friend of mine, Izik, is a Dylan fan. Izik posted a really cool blog dedicated to his father who recently passed away so that's why he was on my mind.

A few years back Izik and I went to see Bob in concert. I remember asking him (he's in his 20's) how he came to like Dylan. He told me about how his parents listened to Dylan as long as he could remember and they instilled a love of music in him...and a special appreciation for Bob D.

Anyhow...these 2 quotes are to honor the memory of his dad, Skip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ain't Bobby so cool?

Isaac said...

You are beyond awesome!!!
I was just checking out your site and came upon this (of course the Dylan picture and quotes caught my eye). Amazing quotes.
Seriously! I'm reposting it on my blog (don't sue me!) You're the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...