January 22, 2009

The Oscars Left Out "The Wrestler"


Once again it is proved that award shows, like most things, are more apt to base their decisions on what's "politically correct" or "socially acceptable" or maybe even on their own jealousy and prejudices than on TALENT.

Bruce's song was NOT nominated for an Oscar. Hello? The song was written for the movie and just hearing the song makes me want to see the damn movie. If it weren't for the song the movie would never have caught my interest. I guess I have my prejudices too :)

Apparently the article in this months Rolling Stone is a good read. You can read Pete's Blog, Blogness on the Edge for more details if interested.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Sort of reminds me of the RnR Hall of Fame. I've gotten to the point where I don't even want to argue about it. I just accept it and don't even bother complaining, because every year it's ridiculous.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

The Oscars hate Rock and Roll...plain and simple...

UnHoly Diver said...

Awards shows(and Halls of Fame; all of them) have become a complete joke over the last 15-20 years, so it rarely registers on my radar anymore. That said, I know your passion for the Boss, so I understand your feelings.

Bar L. said...

Yep. I am glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...