June 24, 2007

Cheap Trick - Self Torture

Why do I do this to myself?
Went out to hear a local band that I heard was good (I won't drop their name here cause to be honest they weren't all that great, imo).
So there I am with my glass of white zin alone trying to look like I'm not there to get picked up on by a guy.
Watched people laughing and dancing and having fun.
I have friends...but none that like rock n roll (I know - its crazy)
Drove home thinking about the guy I love(d)? and then this song comes on:

Another night slowly closes in,
And I feel so lonely.
Touching heat freezing on my skin,
I pretend you still hold me.
Im going crazy, Im losing sleep.
Im in too far, Im in way too deep over you.
I cant believe youre gone.
You were the first, youll be the last.

Wherever you go, Ill be with you.
Whatever you want, Ill give it to you.
Whenever you need someone to lay your heart and head upon.
Remember: after the fire, after all the rain,
I will be the flame.
I will be the flame.



Remind me to not do that anymore.
I wonder if Robin Zander is still a hottie.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Layla,
Yes, most women still consider Robin Z. a hottie!
Laura

bob_vinyl said...

Even when it's a bit melancholy, it is kinda cool when a song hits you like that. It isn't just for the good times, you know. That was a cool story even though it wasn't happy.

Bar L. said...

Laura, yeah, bet your right.

Bob, thank you, buddy.

Anonymous said...

I use "Love Stinks" as my theme song, so I keep myself from going through that.

David Amulet said...

I wonder if Bunn E. Carlos still looks more like an accountant than a musician.

Sad songs say so much ...

-- david

steb3 said...

Hi Layla,
Go to CheapTrick.com and there are photos of this wild ass band. I guess Robin would be considered hot. That would need to be your call.

Still going strong. I will never forget seeing them with Foghat, Styx and Tha James Gang all at one concert. What a party that was.

Dan

Guitarman5150 said...

I dunno I'm no judge of guys. All I know last time I saw Cheap Trick in the late 90's early 00's they still rocked. and yes Bunn E. Carlos still looked like more of an accountant than a musican LOL!

I still want That 5 neck guitar! I dunno if I'd be able to play the thing, but I still want it! LOL! He could play the thing. I was suprised. I thought it was a joke on the album cover. Not at all he played every neck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...