July 7, 2010

Fly Like An Eagle



Only one short year after my high school graduation came this little gem of an album. This was Steve Miller's high point as far as sales of an album to date. He had made eight before this one but none of them sold the magnitude of this one. 4x platinum and ranked #450 in the Rolling Stone top 500 classic rock albums.

Steve was originally from my neck of the woods, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. His Godfather was none other than Les Paul, pioneer of the electric guitar and multi-track recording, who taught him his first chords at the tender age of 5.

The tunes on this 1976 album were much more catchy and melodic than earlier albums making it much more accessible to the buying public.

I am including the Space Intro followed by the title song and then Wild Mountain Honey. Listen and enjoy it. I probably would love it even more if the radio stations did not play it to death.

This is an album just outside my top 25 list.

5 comments:

Bar L. said...

I love Steve! His music, to me, is "feel good rock". I always feel good when I hear it. I had forgot about the Les Paul connection. Very cool trivia!

Hope you are having fun up north!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I used The Joker as my radio station intro for a year

This is and was and will be forever a classic

Mike Casey said...

I've just recently rediscovered the beauty of Steve Miller tunes. This coincided with rediscovering my love of Meat Loaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Light". It's my dirty little secret. Or was, I guess.

Marc Morcos said...

I would love for your readers to discover a video I've made featuring a Steve Miller song. Take the Money and run. I used to sing the chorus whenever I heard Lynyrd Skynyrd's Sweet home alabama which has the same chord progression. I finally posted the mashup on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYCUFcceft0

or search for "Steve Miller vs Lynyrd Skynyrd Classic rock mashup"

Marc Morcos said...

I would love for your readers to discover a video I've made featuring a Steve Miller song. Take the Money and run. I used to sing the chorus whenever I heard Lynyrd Skynyrd's Sweet home alabama which has the same chord progression. I finally posted the mashup on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYCUFcceft0

or search for "Steve Miller vs Lynyrd Skynyrd Classic rock mashup"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...