August 26, 2007

"Celestial Beings"

Can you recognize these five songs? The title and who recorded them? Don't peak on Google. Hint: all the titles have one word in common.....


No I'm no stranger to the dark
Let me rock your cradle
Let me start a fire with your spark
Oh come on baby
Come and let me show you my tattoo

Sure enough this morning came unto me
Silver wings silhouetted against the child's sunrise
And my angel she said unto me,
"Today is the day for you to rise
Take my hand, you're gonna be my man,
You're gonna rise
(Where did you go?)

She keeps a lock of hair in her pocket
She wears a cross around her neck
The hair is from a little boy
And the cross is someone she has not met, not yet

Blue light on the avenue
God knows they got to you
An empty glass, the lady sings
Eyes swollen like a bee sting
Blinded you lost your way
Through the side streets and the alleyway
Like a star exploding in the night
Falling to the city in broad daylight

She took her life
Within her hands
She took her life
Within her own two hands
And no-one can tell her
What to do now

And I believed in you
I believed in you
Like Elvis Presley
Singing live from Las Vegas


5 comments:

Malcolm said...

The only one I know is the 1st one: "I'm No Angel" by Greg Allman.

Erin said...

I'm No Angel - I wanted to say Bob Seger, but I think Malcolm is right.

Angel - Hendrix

?

Angel of Harlem - U2

Angel - Eurythmics

Anonymous said...

I only know 3 and 4. She Talks to Angels - The Black Crowes and Angel of Harlem - U2.

Malcolm said...

Shame on me for missing "Angel" by Eurythmics. That song is on a greatest hits CD I have of theirs. I knew I had heard the lyrics before, but couldn't place them.

P.S.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have linked your two blogs to mine.

Mike said...

I couldn't place #1 until I read Malcom's post, but I knew The Black Crows immediately. I should have known Angel of Harlem though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...