October 2, 2005

Carlos Santana


I orgininally posted this in April 2005 with no idea that I would be seeing Carlos and the band on Oct. 14. Can't wait!

Posted by Hello


As I add this I am wondering how anyone can NOT love Santana???
Put on a song, familiar like "She's Not There" and listen to the percussion then listen to Carlos playing his solos, feel the passion. Can you actually sit still during "Smooth"? And the list of "guest" soloist is incredible. Can't wait for their new release in summer 2005!
!Dance, Sister, Dance!

5 comments:

David Edward said...

his last Cd was worth BUYING and listening to many times I have so many great memories where that music was the soundtrack

Martin said...

I was actually talking to someone about Carlos the other day and he mentioned that his brother Jorge was a better guitarist. Jorge Santana was a member of a band named Malo that had a similar sound but a lot less success (although they did score a #18 hit single with "Suavecito" and debut album reached #14 on the pop charts.) I believe the simplicity not complexity of some of Carlos' riffs draw emotion more than flashy technical prowess.

steve said...

I met Carlos the summer of 1995. He was in Portland for a show that was, as always, amazing.

Very gentle soul...

Bar L. said...

YOU MET HIM! Wow, come back and tell us more!

BeckEye said...

I hate to blow your image of me, but I've never been a Santana fan. I especially hate all the newer stuff, like "Smooth", etc. Sorry. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...