I've always considered Chrissie to be the ultimate female rocker, partly because she's not in the band as a "female" she's there to perform. Here's a few things she has to say to other women in rock (many who obviously need her advice)
1. "Don't moan about being a chick, refer to feminism or complain about sexist discrimination. We've all been screwed over but no one wants to hear a whining female" (Stevie Nicks, please take note - you whine!)
2. "Never pretend to know more than you do. If you don't know chord names refer to the dots. Don't go near the desk unless you plan on becoming an engineer."
3. "Make the other band members look and sound good. Bring out the best in them; that's your job. Oh, and you better sound good too. "
4. "Do not insist on working only with females, get the best person for the job. If it happens to be a woman, great - you'll have someone to go to department stores with you on tour instead of making one of the road crew go with you. "
5. "If you sing don't belt or screech. No one wants to hear that shit; it sounds hysterical."
6. "Try not to get sexually involved with any member of the band. It will only end in tears."
7. "Don't think that sticking your boobs our and trying to look sexy will help. Remember - you're in a rock and roll band. It's not ""f" me", it's "f" you."
8. "Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always."